Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rendez Vous With A Foodie - Sadhana of Success Stories of My Recipe

You guys know that every month i'll be introducing a budding blogger and it happens twice a month, honestly i have to say a big thanks to my guests for making this event a big hit. Thank god even in this virtual world,am blessed to have a good bunch of friends who are really close to my heart. If you are food blogger and your blog is just less than 2years old, dont forget to ping me for joining in this event. I'll be happy to showcase your blog in my space without any hesitation.Today am introducing one of my best buddy since my earlier age of blogging, our friendship is growing day by day and eventhough we are far away, we have shared many pleasant moments together both virtually and personally. 

Sadhana of  Success Stories of My Recipe  is rite now a busy woman who works and blogs at the same time, i know Sadhana since a long, when i was posting in an another cooking site before, we started chitchatting slowly and the bond between us became stronger and stronger, till now we never forget to call over the fone or else atleast leave a message in a social network eventhough we both are busy mutually.We even met in Chennai while i was there before a three years, Sadhana is a wonderful human who have huge heart, we shared so many personnal issues together and she never failed to comfort me with her words whenever i feel down. Am blessed to meet you Sadhana, seriously i cherish this friendship which is keep on going from many years.
 
Lets meet today's guest Sadhana of Success Stories of My Recipe

I would like to thank Priya whole heartedly for giving me an opportunity to showcase my cooking talent.I know Priya for  about 5 years now , she is a very nice human being and has never changed a bit  , and it is a pleasure to be her friend.I wish her all the best :)


Tell us about you and your blog?
Nothing much , I am a Normal human being :D I have been posting recipes on another cooking website 4-5 years back, that is when i met Priya. Recently i thought that i should have a blog of my own and decided to start one.I am not a regular blogger like you guys ( you all are doing a wonderful job)I just post recipes whenever i find time, currently i am juggling between work and home, trying to get a balance.I m sure once i get that balance,i will be able to blog frequently like you all :) I love to cook and most importantly i love to cook for people who enjoy eating my food .

Before and after blogging,tell us what blogging changed your life??
Well I find Blogging to be a great therapy, so whenever i feel i need a vent out, i blog( i know i m being selfish.

Life changing experience is i have a lot of friends around the world because of blogging :D in fact i got to meet few of my favorite friends from the blogging world (including Priya).That is an awesome experience.

When and what motivated you to blog about food?
I have been asked by my friends to start a blog, they are my motivation,many told me either to blog or start a restaurant, i thought blogging was not that expensive to start off with.

There are tons of blogs/pages on food these days what according to you is the speciality of you blog?
Simple home made food,most of my recipes are from my Mom and MIL, i am just contributing what ever i cook on a day to day basis.

When its comes to cooking,who is your inspiration?
I am a food lover and my family and friends are  just like me , I love to cook and feed people.My husband is a great fan of my cooking (obviously he should be) They inspire me a lot.

Every newbie blogger faces tons of challenges when its comes to blogging, tell me about yours?
Initially i struggled when i had to set up a banner- the size would not match, i would sit and wonder how people have beautiful banners on their blogs, slowly with the help of fellow bloggers, i got that right.

What is your best recipe and your favourite recipes you have blogged till now?
Baklava and the Tres leches cake -i would say.

Few tips about food photography?
OOPs you are asking a wrong person, i am still learning.

What is your budget for the props, do you have any or else do you manage with household stuffs?
MOst of them are household, if at all i buy, i would not spend more than 3 dollars on it, (My husband hates me admiring the beauty of cute lil utensils :( )


Pepper chicken:

Ingredients:
1.Chicken- 500 grams (cleaned)
2.Oil- as per need
3.Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbsp
4.Bay Leaf-1
5.Cardamom-2
6.Cinnamon- 2-3 sticks
7.Cloves-5
8.Fennel seeds-1/2 tbsp
9.Curry leaves( washed)
10.Onion- 2(large finely chopped)
11.Tomato-2(medium sized finely chopped)
12.Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp
13.Chilly Powder-  1tbsp or as per spice level
14.Coriander Powder-1 tbsp
15.Turmeric Powder-1tsp
16.Garam Masala powder-1 tsp
17.Salt as per need
18.Pepper- 2 tbsp (crushed)
19.Coriander leaves for garnishing

Method

In a large pan add oil and once the oil is hot enough add  mustard seed.

Once you see the mustard seeds splutter, add from ingredient no.4 to no.9, followed by onion and saute well.Add ginger garlic paste and saute until you get a nice aroma, (at this moment there should be absolutely no raw smell of the onion or the ginger garlic paste).

Now add the washed chicken and mix well , followed by all the ingredients starting from ingredient no.13-no.17 and mix well. Add tomatoes and mix well,cover the pan and allow it to cook.

Once cooked, leave the pan opened, add crushed pepper mix well and allow the content to stay on the stove in less than medium flame for about 5-10 minutes.

Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with white rice.

This goes well with Dosai, Kal Dosai, Pulav, and Roti.

Hope you all enjoyed this super peppery chicken from Sadhana..Stay tuned friends for the next guest post!!

15 comments:

virunthu unna vaanga said... Reply To This Comment

Nice and lovely post Sadhana... First time am seeing her blog and happy to know about her... Good post... Kudos to sadhana n aks...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious pepper chicken, looks so inviting.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

lovely story for the post....
New Post at Anu's - Spinach Poori with Mirchi Chole
South Indian Cooking
Anu's Healthy Kitchen - "HOW TO's ? of Kitchen" EVENT and SHARE PAGE and a RECIPE (Paneer Celery Burji)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

lovely post and well done sadhana.lovely pepper chicken

Harini said... Reply To This Comment

This s such a lovely idea n great work you are doing Priya :)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

thanks for introducing Sadhana in your blog sis.. good to know about her..

Priya Anandakumar said... Reply To This Comment

very lovely post...
super chicken, very delicious...

meena said... Reply To This Comment

lovely guest post.curry is so inviting.

Sangeetha Priya said... Reply To This Comment

nice to know about Sadhana n delicious curry :-)

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said... Reply To This Comment

happy 2 know abt her...Really nice post n curry luks so yummy.
http://www.mahaslovelyhome.com/2013/08/number-2-shaped-eggless-chocolate.html

Niru said... Reply To This Comment

Curry looks delicious...

Sangeetha M said... Reply To This Comment

Nice to know more new blogger friends and their blog via your Rendzuous Posts Priya, great thought..
That's a wonderful recipe shared by Sadhana, pepper chicken looks so appetizing...

Successstoriesofmyrecipe said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you Priya for giving me an opportunity, and thanks you everyone for all the nice comments, you guys are so encouraging :)

Successstoriesofmyrecipe said... Reply To This Comment

And yes Thank you once again Priya for all the lovely things you have mentioned about me :)

Chitz said... Reply To This Comment

A lovely guest post.. Loved reading more about Sadhana :)