Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Coriander Almond Pesto

I mostly prepare my pesto with basil leaves and i love the flavour of the basil leaves while having my pastas. When i went through Sharmi's space, i got hooked to this coriander almond pesto immediately i tried them today for our lunch as i planned to prepare pastas.Coriander leaves and almond works out wonder and we loved the flavour of this pesto.

I loved seriously the simplicity of this pesto and obviously its our recent favourite.I just increased the quantity of coriander leaves and grinded the pesto with flaxseed oil instead of water else i didnt changed anything and went as per the original recipe. If you love the flavour of coriander leaves, you guys should give a try to this super flavourful,super nutty and delicious pesto. I even enjoyed the leftover pesto as a spread over some toasted bread slices for my evening snacks.Sending to Tried & Tasted event guest hosted by me,event by Lakshmi.


2cups Cooked pasta
1cup Coriander leaves (washed)
20nos Almonds (deskinned)
6nos Garlic cloves (chopped)
2nos Green chillies (chopped)
1/2tsp Oil (for cooking)
Flaxseed oil (as per need)
Salt

Heat the oil in a pan,fry the garlic cloves and green chillies until a nice aroma comes out,put off the stove.

Grind the washed coriander seeds,almonds,fried garlic cloves,chillies,salt and flax seed oil, until the paste turns bit coarse.

Add enough pesto to the cooked past and serve immediately.

38 comments:

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

nice presentation dear..

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely Color priya!!!

lata raja said... Reply To This Comment

I like coriander flavour too. This pesto sounds very flavourful with the goodness of almonds.

divyagcp said... Reply To This Comment

Love cilantro flavor.. Healthy and delicious lunch...

Rumana Rawat said... Reply To This Comment

I love pesto.. Even I have a recipe in my draft.. Will post it soon looks very yummy..

divya said... Reply To This Comment

Mmmmmm! Just yummy.

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

I use almonds too sometimes, and love the idea using corriander, even though i love them here Hand and shyama are not huge fan of corriander.

hotpotcooking said... Reply To This Comment

Love the pesto with a unique combo.

Myvegfare said... Reply To This Comment

I too make coriander pesto, that is my favourite love the smell of coriander so much..., pass it on

My Kitchen Antics said... Reply To This Comment

have always wanted 2 try my hand at pesto..i now make do with store bought. this looks great priya

Swathi said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious coriander pesto I love it.

Binys Recipes said... Reply To This Comment

usually i make this pesto for pasta...i use some mayonnaise as well

kitchen flavours said... Reply To This Comment

Looks yummy! I love coriander pesto!

Suja Manoj said... Reply To This Comment

Love the color and flavor,beautiful presentation.

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said... Reply To This Comment

Love the pesto..luks yumm

FewMinute Wonders said... Reply To This Comment

Happy New Year Priya. Just getting back to blogging after the holidays and the flu season. Looks very delicious.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

super combo.tempting pesto sis.

Suhaina said... Reply To This Comment

this looks yumm...nice clicks dear.

Julie said... Reply To This Comment

wow..homemade pestos are flavorful & aromatic..lovely!!
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations

Sangeetha M said... Reply To This Comment

After seeing this pesto at Sharmi's space I too had bookmarked this, but yet to try...so healthy n flavorful pesto...loving it!

VineelaSiva said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy pesto dear.I tried with Pista it also tastes yummy.Homemade pesto always tastes good.

Amina Creations said... Reply To This Comment

flavourful recipe... looks yummy...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy and healthy dish dear...loving it...

Vimitha Durai said... Reply To This Comment

I had also bookmarked hers. Looks so flavorful

Chocolate & Chillies said... Reply To This Comment

I never thought of making pesto with coriander before..i will usually use spinach but coriander would be a great change! Thx for sharing!

Anonymous said... Reply To This Comment

Yummy looking pesto and very aptly used. :)

Kitchen Chronicles said... Reply To This Comment

Pesto Pasta with flax seed oil interesting combo. Looks very very nice.

Mélange said... Reply To This Comment

Nice healthy recipe..I am hungry seeing this.

GEETHA ACHAL said... Reply To This Comment

Loved the pesto..Need to try flax seed oil...

Sangeetha Nambi said... Reply To This Comment

Love the green color... Inviting....
http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

Reshmi Mahesh said... Reply To This Comment

Flavorful yummy pesto..Loved the presentation..

Deeksha said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome!!

Sangeetha Priya said... Reply To This Comment

colorful n flavorful pesto, super presentation!!!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Nice variation to the regular pesto, looks good.

great-secret-of-life said... Reply To This Comment

my favourite pesto..
http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

Kaveri Venkatesh said... Reply To This Comment

Very flavorful pesto..I can see you've found use to the flaxseed oil..

Sweet'n'Savoury said... Reply To This Comment

I am definitely making this very soon...thanks for sharing

Archana said... Reply To This Comment

Definitely making this for dinner.