Monday, April 5, 2010

Cooking With Seeds - Cardamom Seeds

Am here with this month's seeds for cooking with seeds event, after going through many seeds my final choice went for cardamom seeds...Cardamom or cardamom seeds is a popular spice used in India and in Middle East..Cardamom seeds are referred to as the Queen of spices, apart from its aromatic fragrance used for flavouring foods, cardamom also many healthy benefits for digestive system in aroma therapy..Caradmom seeds or cloves are used as versatile spice for making out sweet dishes or many spicy dishes also can be grounded into powder with their seeds to spice out many dishes..

Cardamom stored whole in pod form stay for a long because once the seeds are exposed or grounded they will quickly lose their flavour, adding cardamom to rice pudding or any other milk based dishes or beverages like tea which enhance the flavour of the dish and cardamom pods can be chewed as a breath freshener after meals..I cant make kheers or briyanis without cardamom seeds and am damn sure that many of us really agree with me na..So friends make out many dishes with cardamom seeds and send them to this fabulous event..



You need to do:

1)Cook anything with green or black cardamom seeds, both vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes are accepted from today to 5th May 2010..

2)Post as many dishes as u can in your blog from today onwards..many entries per person are allowed..

3)Link back ur entry to this Cooking With Seeds announcement page..

4)If u have any interesting tips its will be so useful, dont forget to send..

5)I'll accept the old entries, if they are reposted with this page link..

6)Using Logo is very much appreciated..

7)Email me to Priyasuresh09@gmail.com with subject as Cooking With Seeds with following details:
Your Name:
Blog's Name:
Recipe Name:
Recipe Url/Link:
Picture of the dish: 300pixels wide

Please take care to send all ur delicious entries before 5th May 2010..

8) If u dont have blog, no problem..pls do send ur entries to the above mail address, i'll include them while doing the roundup..



52 comments:

Meena said... Reply To This Comment

great concept...cardamom is so versatile.

Sushma Mallya said... Reply To This Comment

very nice event priya,this time will surely send my entry

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

my favourite spice...will send you my entry..

Aruna Manikandan said... Reply To This Comment

Count me in dear :-)

Niloufer Riyaz said... Reply To This Comment

Cardamom seeds! wow~! count me in

Finla said... Reply To This Comment

This is one event i can join up.

Jaishree Iyer said... Reply To This Comment

Nice concept Priya..count me in:)

Simplyfood said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely spice gives an aromatic touch to any dish sweet or savory.

Hayley said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely event..surely send my entries!!

Uma said... Reply To This Comment

what a choice!

Dershana said... Reply To This Comment

priya, can i send in the pumpkin punch i recently posted?

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said... Reply To This Comment

am still at Ma's and lazing a lot. the event sounds awesome...will try to contribute something. wish you many entries with this Priya.

Nithu Bala said... Reply To This Comment

Happy hosting Dear..will send you my entries soon..

Kanchan said... Reply To This Comment

Count me in Priya ... already started thinking as to what to try out :)

Cool Lassi(e) said... Reply To This Comment

Will send my entries as well.

Menaga Sathia said... Reply To This Comment

Nice concept !!

Suma Rowjee said... Reply To This Comment

Count me in!! Will be sending my pancakes too..

GEETHA ACHAL said... Reply To This Comment

அருமையான தலைப்பு...வாழ்த்துகள் ப்ரியா...

Vrinda said... Reply To This Comment

Gr8 event Priya...willl try to send in something..

Suparna said... Reply To This Comment

that's a nice thought...like the theme :)
waiting to see the entries. Happy hosting
TC

Hamaree Rasoi said... Reply To This Comment

Great Event Priya. Would certainly work up something and send my entry as well.

Deepa
http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

Jayanthy Kumaran said... Reply To This Comment

Hy Priya,

Cute concept...Sure I'll give a try and come back with colors :)

Namitha said... Reply To This Comment

great choice of seed, Priya..will end in something :-)

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

nice event priya,,,sure will send my entries...

Madhuri Krishna Bhat said... Reply To This Comment

Sounds Great. count me.
I have been tagged you under Tag award. Please see more on my blog.

Madhuri Krishna Bhat said... Reply To This Comment

Sounds Great. count me.
I have been tagged you under Tag award. Please see more on my blog.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Love the aroma of cardamom.Will surely try to send something

Meera said... Reply To This Comment

Count me in.

anudivya said... Reply To This Comment

I use plenty of cardamom, I should bookmark this.

Cilantro said... Reply To This Comment

cardamom is used in almost all Indian desserts. I will be making a dessert for the New year and I will send it and also send in my old posts too.

Swathi said... Reply To This Comment

Nice event priya, i love cardamom too.

Gomathy S said... Reply To This Comment

The queen of spices...Got some entries ..will send them ...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

great theme, will surely send you my entries soon.

Kiran said... Reply To This Comment

Dear Priya,

Very fragrant theme.Will send in my entries.Thanks for replying back regarding my pancake questions.I will send in my entries for pancake today.

I have a chai post waiting for you in my blog,please accept it.

http://kiranjay.blogspot.com/2010/04/ten-women-i-like-most-chain-post.html

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said... Reply To This Comment

Gr8t event Priya,will try to send a post very soon.

Champa said... Reply To This Comment

I love this spice. I have many baked goodies that have cardamom in it. I'll post something new and link back. What a wonderful spice you have selected.

Sashi said... Reply To This Comment

No desserts are rich without Cardamom, sure will try to send my entries !!

Cham said... Reply To This Comment

U will be flooded with sweets! Great choice!

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Wonderful event!! We will also send our entries..

Sowjanya@Ruchikacooks said... Reply To This Comment

will send in both sweets and savory! Good choice priyakka.

http://ruchikacooks.com

PranisKitchen said... Reply To This Comment

nice event with one of best ingredient.will send my entry soon..

Srividhya Ravikumar said... Reply To This Comment

Great event. i will surely be in.. Drop in at my blog when u have time.. following you

Dershana said... Reply To This Comment

thank you, priya :-) will send in soon!

SathyaSridhar said... Reply To This Comment

Priya,,thanks dear for ur assistance..sure will send my veg n non veg recipes with cardamom seeds to ur event dear,,, i will send ua mail on tomorrow.Take care.

SathyaSridhar said... Reply To This Comment

Priya,,thanks dear for ur assistance..sure will send my veg n non veg recipes with cardamom seeds to ur event dear,,, i will send ua mail on tomorrow.Take care.

Jaleela Kamal said... Reply To This Comment

wow , nice cardamon event, ok priya i am also sending some entries soon

Panchpakwan said... Reply To This Comment

Sent my entry.. hope your have recived it.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said... Reply To This Comment

i m sending my entry...i have added u in my blog..first time here..nice event..do visit my blog..
sanyukta gour(bayes)
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Suhaina said... Reply To This Comment

I have sent 3 entries. Thank you.

Life is beautiful !!! said... Reply To This Comment

Priya I agree that cardomom does magic to many sweet and spicy dishes. Only today I cam eto know about this event. I would love to send you an entry.

Champa said... Reply To This Comment

Priya, Did you get my email with the entries. Just checking since today is the deadline for this.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Priya

very nice concept, my entry is gajar ka halwa